Publications on PSYCHO ONCOLOGY & PALLIATIVE CARE April 2020
1. Chaturvedi, SK. : Psychiatric aspects of chronic pain in cancer patients. Indian Journal of Pain, 1, 42-45, 1986.
2. Chaturvedi, SK.: Coping with cancer pain. ACTA PSYCHIATRICA SCANDINAVICA, 74, 112, 1986.
3. Chaturvedi, SK. : Psychiatric aspects of cancer pain (Abstract), Indian Journal of Pain, 1, 61, 1986.
4. Chaturvedi, SK. : Psychosomatic and sociological aspects of pain in cancer patients. Indian Journal of Pain, 1, 160, 19.
5. Chaturvedi, SK.: Psychosocial intervention i cancer patients. JOURNAL OF REHABILITATION OF ASIA. 28, 1-4, 1987.
6. Chaturvedi SK.: Pain Relief in active patients with cancer. BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL, 298, 461, 1989.
7. Chaturvedi, SK: Psychosocial Intervention and survival of breast cancer patients. Lancet ii, 1209, 1990.
8. Chaturvedi, SK: Asian Patients and the HAD Scales. BRITISH JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY, 156, 133, 1990.
9. Chaturvedi, SK.: Substituting non-somatic symptoms for somatic symptoms (for diagnosing depression in cancer). AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY, 147, 958, 1990.
10. Chaturvedi, SK.: What’s important for Quality of Life for Indians – in relation to cancer. SOCIAL SCIENCE & MEDICINE 33, 91-99, 1991.
11. Chaturvedi, SK: Clinical irrelevance of HADS factor structure (for use in cancer patients). BRITISH JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY, 159, 298, 1991.
12. Chaturvedi, SK.: Quality of Life and Palliative care. ANNALS OF ONCOLOGY, 2(9), 693, 1991.
13. Chaturvedi, SK and Maguire, P. Unexplained Somatic Complaints in Cancer. In Current Concepts in Psycho- Oncology IV, MSKCC, New York, p 203, 1991.
14. Chaturvedi, SK., Hopwood P & Maguire G.P. Somatisation in cancer patients. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CANCER. 29A (7),1006- 1008, 1993.
15. Chaturvedi, SK. Recent advances in Psychosocial Oncology. In Recent Advances in Psychiatry (Ed. JN Vyas & N Ahuja). JP Publishers, New Delhi,1993. pp 114-129.
16. Chaturvedi, SK., Hopwood P and Maguire G.P. Antidepressant medications in cancer patients. PSYCHO ONCOLOGY, 3:57-60, 1994.
17. Channabasavanna, S.M., Chaturvedi, SK., Chandra, P., Anantha, N., Reddy, K. and Sharma, S. Cancer and Well Being. Quality of Life in Health – a modern concern (Editors S.Rajkumar & Shuba Kumar) pp 68-78, 1994, Madras.
18. Chaturvedi, SK, Chandra, P., Channabasavanna, S.M. et al. Detection of anxiety and depression in cancer patients. NIMHANS JOURNAL, 12, 141-144, 1994.
19. Chaturvedi, SK. Exploration of concerns and the role of psychosocial intervention in Palliative care. Annals of Medicine, Singapore, 23: 756-760, 1994.
20. Chaturvedi, SK., Prasad, K.M.R., Senthilnathan, S.M., Shenoy, A. and Premkumari. Quality of life of Oral Cancer Patients. In ORAL CANCER : THERAPY Vol. IIIB, 528-531, MacMillan India Ltd, 1994.
21. Chaturvedi, SK. Exploration of Concerns related to Gynecological Cancers. Gynecology Snapshot 3, 16-19, 1995.
22. Chaturvedi, SK., Shenoy A, Prasad, K.M.R., Senthilnathan, S.M., Premkumari, B.S. Concerns, coping and Quality of life in head and neck cancers. SUPPORTIVE CARE IN CANCER 4(3), 186-190, 1996.
23. Chaturvedi, SK, Chandra, P.S., Channabasavanna, S.M., Anantha, N., Reddy, B.K.M., Sharma, S. Levels of anxiety and depression in patients receiving radiotherapy in India. PSYCHO-ONCOLOGY, 5: 343-346, 1996.
24. Chaturvedi, SK. Recommendations of the Task Force of the Education Sub committee. Indian Journal of Palliative Care 2, 41-43, 1996.
25. Chandra, P., Chaturvedi, SK., Channabasavanna, S.M. Lecture Notes in Psycho Oncology. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1996.
26. Chaturvedi, SK. Sexual problems in cancer. In: Lecture Notes in Psycho Oncology. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1996.
27. Chaturvedi, SK. Psychological issues in pediatric cancers. In: Lecture Notes in Psycho Oncology. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1996.
28. Chaturvedi, SK., Chandra, P. Psychotropic medications in cancer and palliative care. In: Lecture Notes in Psycho Oncology. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1996.
29. Chaturvedi SK, Chandra PS. Rationale of Psychotropic Medications in Palliative Care. Progress in Palliative Care, 4, 80-84, 1996.
30. Chaturvedi SK. Symposium ‘Seminars in Psycho-Oncology’ Psycho Oncology 5, 365-366, 1996.
31. Bharath S, Chaturvedi SK & Reddy BKM. Concerns of parents with children with cancer. In, Research Endeavors in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in India. [Ed. R. Hegde, S. Malhotra, & LP Shah], Published by R. Hegde, Goa, pp 224-229, 1997.
32. Chandra, P., Chaturvedi, SK, Channabasavanna, S.M., Anantha, N., Reddy, B.K.M. and Sharma, S. Subjective Well Being in Patients receiving Radiotherapy. QUALITY OF LIFE RESEARCH, 7, 495-500, 1998.
33. Channabasavanna, S.M., Chaturvedi, SK., & Chandra, P. Cancer and Well Being. In, Social Psychiatry- a global perspective, Ed. Varma VK & Co. Macmillan India Ltd., New Delhi, pp 103 – 106, 1998.
34. Chaturvedi, SK. & Maguire, P. Persistent somatization in cancer: a follow up study. JOURNAL OF PSYCHOSOMATIC RESEARCH. 45, 249-256, 1998.
35. Chandra, P., Chaturvedi, SK. et al. Awareness of diagnosis and psychiatric morbidity among cancer patients – a study from South India. JOURNAL OF PSYCHOSOMATIC RESEARCH. 45, 257-262, 1998.
36. Chaturvedi, SK. & Chandra, P. Palliative Care in India. SUPPORTIVE CARE IN CANCER, 6, 81-84, 1998.
37. Chaturvedi, SK., Kumar, Satheesh., Anil Kumar. Psycho oncology. In Textbook of Postgraduate Psychiatry, Eds. J.N. Vyas, N Ahuja. Jaypee Publishers, New Delhi, 450-464, 1999.
38. Chandra, P.S. & Chaturvedi, SK. [eds.] Psycho Oncology: Current Issues. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1998.
39. Chaturvedi, SK. & Chandra P. Dealing with difficult situations. In, Chandra, P.S. & Chaturvedi, S.K. Psycho Oncology: Current Issues. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1998. 11 – 21.
40. Chaturvedi, SK. & Chandra P. Psychopharmacology in oncology practice. In, Chandra, P.S. & Chaturvedi, S.K.[eds.] Psycho Oncology: Current Issues. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1998, pp 22-35.
41. Satheesh Kumar, Chaturvedi, SK. & Chandra P. Sleep disturbances in cancer. In, Chandra, P.S. & Chaturvedi, S.K. [eds.] Psycho Oncology: Current Issues. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1998, pp 36-42.
42. Anil Kumar, Satheesh Kumar, Chaturvedi, SK. Psychosocial Methods of treatment. In, Chandra, P.S. & Chaturvedi, S.K. [eds.] Psycho Oncology: Current Issues. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1998, 50-60.
43. Chandra, P.S. & Chaturvedi, SK. Sexual issues in cancer. In, Chandra, P.S. & Chaturvedi, S.K. [eds.] Psycho Oncology: Current Issues. NIMHANS. Bangalore, 1998, pp 79 – 90.
44. Chaturvedi, SK. Quality of life in advanced cancer: psychosocial aspects. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 4(2), 17-23, 1998.
45. Chaturvedi, SK, Chandra, P., Shenoy, A., Premalatha, B.S. Assessment of Quality of life of oral cancer patients. In, ORAL ONCOLOGY Volume VI. Editor A.K. Varma. MacMillan India Ltd. New Delhi, pp 509 to 512, 1999.
46. Chandra PS, Akhileswaran R, Chaturvedi SK, Shinde U. Caring at home: frequently asked questions by persons with advanced cancers and their caregivers. Published by BHT center for Palliative care Education, 1999.
47. Chaturvedi, SK. Quality of life in cancer patients. In Advances in Oncology, Eds. M. Pandey, M.K. Nair & P. Sebastian. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. New Delhi, 2000, pp 146-156.
48. Chaturvedi SK, Chandra PS, Sateeshkumar G. Insomnia in patients with advanced cancer. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 6, 3-8, 2000.
49. Chaturvedi SK. Psychological issues in children with advanced diseases. In, Psychosocial Aspects of Children who are terminally ill. Edited by S. Bharath, NIMHANS, Bangalore, pp 4-8, 2000.
50. Chaturvedi SK. Psychosocial oncology in relation to breast cancer: Psychological & social aspects of breast cancer. In, Breast Cancer in the new millennium. Edited & published by Ajay Mehta, Nagpur, pp 128-131, 2001.
51. Chaturvedi SK, Eranti S, Kirthana R. Quality of life research in India. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 7, 11-18, 2001
52. Chaturvedi SK. Hope, the internal strength. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 7, 45-46, 2000.
53. Chaturvedi SK, Sastry KVR, Chandra PS & Chandramouli BA. Quality Of Life Of Patients With Brain Tumours : Observations Of The Pilot Study. NIMHANS JOURNAL, 18 (3,4), 191-196, 2000.
54. Jacob A, Chaturvedi SK. Caregivers of Neurotumor Patients. NIMHANS JOURNAL, 18 (3,4), 239-245, 2000.
55. Chaturvedi SK, Gandhi A, Lopes C, Chandramouli BA, & Sastry, KVR. Psychiatric Psychosocial Problems In Neurosurgical Patients With Specific Reference To Brain Tumors. NIMHANS JOURNAL, 18 (3,4), 165-176, 2000.
56. Chaturvedi SK. Tumour in Brain, Cancer in Mind. Editorial. NIMHANS Journal 18 (3,4), 137-138, 2000.
57. Sharma MP, Pathak M, Chaturvedi SK, KVR Sastry. Symptom distress in patients with brain tumours. NIMHANS Journal 18 (3,4), 177-186, 2000.
58. Pathak M, Sharma MP, Chaturvedi SK, Sastry KVR. Quality of life in brain tumours. . NIMHANS Journal 18 (3,4), 197-204, 2000.
59. Kumaraswamy N, Biswal BM, Mukhtar F, Chaturvedi SK. Screening for psychiatric morbidity in cancer patients in Malaysia. NIMHANS Journal 18 (3,4), 231-234, 2000.
60. Chaturvedi SK. Quality of life issues related to tobacco use. In, Tobacco Counters Health volume II, Editor, A.K. Verma. MacMillan India Ltd, New Delhi, pp 172 – 174, 2002.
61. Chaturvedi SK. Psychiatric Oncology. In, Psychiatry by Ten Teachers, Editor JN Vyas & SS Nathawat, Published by Aditya Medical Publishers, New Delhi, pp 420- 433, 2003.
62. Gandhi A. & Chaturvedi SK. Anxiety and depression in terminally ill patients. In, Anxiety and Depression in Clinical Practice, editors Mohan Isaac & Nilesh B. Shah, Abbot India Ltd., Mumbai, pp 125-132, 2003.
63. Kamath P, Gandhi A, Indira Devi, B, Chaturvedi SK, Shastri KVR. Health Related Quality Of Life In Patents With Spinal Disorders. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, 6 (2), 21 – 24, 2003.
64. Pandey M, Latha PT, Mathew A, Ramdas K, Chaturvedi SK, Iype EM, Nair KM. Concerns and coping strategies in patients with oral cancer: a pilot study. Indian Journal of Surgery, 65, 496-499, 2003.
65. Chaturvedi SK. What’s important for quality of life to Indians – in relation to cancer [with author’s note]. Indian Journal of Palliative Care 9, 62-70, 2003.
66. Desai G & Chaturvedi SK. Perception and knowledge about narcotics among nurses. Indian Journal of Palliative Care 9, 78-83, 2003.
67. Chaturvedi SK. Palliative Care education by Munnabhai MBBS. Indian Journal of Palliative Care 10, 27-29, 2004.
68. Chaturvedi SK, Maguire P, Somashekhar BS. Somatization in cancer. International Review of Psychiatry, 18(1), 49-54, 2006.
69. Chaturvedi SK. Coping with breast cancer and mastectomy. Indian Journal of Social Psychiatry 21 (1-2), 19-23, 2005.
- Chaturvedi SK, Maguire P. Persistent fatigue in disease free cancer patients – a comparative study. UICC World Congress Proceedings, Washington DC, USA, July 2006. Medimond Publications, 271-274, 2006.
- Chaturvedi SK. Psychiatric Aspects of the Management of Cancer Pain. In, Encyclopedic Reference of Pain, Section Editor M. Bond; Editors Robert F. Schmidt & W. D. Willis, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 2012-2014, 2007.
- Chaturvedi SK. Spirituality issues at end of life. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 13, 48-52, 2007.
- Chaturvedi SK. Transcultural aspects of Psycho oncology. Italian Journal of Psycho oncology. 10, 1, 9-13, 2008
- Chaturvedi SK & Venkateswaran C. New Research in Psycho Oncology. Current Opinion in Psychiatry, 21 (3), 206-210, March 2008.
- Chaturvedi SK & Thippeswamy H. Psychosocial aspects of geriatric oncology. Indian Journal of Geriatric Mental Health. . 3 (1), 11-17, 2007.
- Chaturvedi SK. Ethical Dilemmas in Palliative Care in a Traditional Developing Society, with special reference to Indian setting. Journal of Medical Ethics, 34, 611-615, 2008.
- Chaturvedi SK. Incidence and Management of Depression and suicide in terminal stage of disease. In, Freedom from Pain. Editor S. Bhatnagar, IK International Publishing House Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 2009. pp 151-159
- Chaturvedi SK. Seamless relation between professionals and the role of psychological intervention in cancer pain Management. In, Freedom from Pain. Editor S. Bhatnagar, IK International Publishing House Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, 2009. pp 273-277.
79. Chaturvedi SK. Acceptance, Grief & Meaning. British Journal of Psychiatry, 194 (6), 561, 2009.
- Chaturvedi, SK,. Loiselle, CG, Chandra, PS. Communication with relatives and collusion in palliative care – A cross cultural perspective. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 15, 2-9, 2009.
81. Chaturvedi SK, Chandra PS, Simha S. Communication skills in palliative care. Voluntary Health Association of India, New Delhi, 2008.
- Chaturvedi SK. Book review on Psychosocial Issues in Palliative Care. Surgical Oncology 18, 87, 2009.
- Chaturvedi SK. Chandra PS. Breaking bad news- issues critical for psychiatrists. Medical Education corner. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 3, 87-89, 2010.
84. Kandasamy A, Chaturvedi SK, Desai G. Spirituality, distress, depression, anxiety and quality of life in patients with advanced cancer. Indian J Cancer. 48 (1), 55-59, 2011.
85. Chaturvedi SK. How to plan research in Palliative care. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 17(4), 4-7, 2011.
86. Desai G & Chaturvedi SK, Ramachandra S. Hypnotherapy : Fact or fiction. A review in palliative care and opinions of health professionals. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. 17(2), 146-149, 2011.
87. Chaturvedi SK, Uchitomi Y. Psychosocial and Psychiatric Disorders. In Clinical Psycho Oncology, L Grassi & M Riba Editors. Wiley Publications. Pp 55-70, 2012.
88. Math SB, Chaturvedi SK. Euthanasia: Right to Life Vs Right to Die. Indian Journal of Medical Research, 136, 899-902, 2012.
89. Chaturvedi SK. Psychiatric Oncology – Cancer in mind. Dr. DLN Murthy Rao Oration. Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 54, 111-118, 2012.
90. Dahale A, Sivasankaran SV, Chaturvedi SK. Depression in oncology. In Elsevier Update: Psychiatry, Dealing with Depression in Medically Ill Patients. Elsevier. 83-92, 2012.
91. Desai G, Chaturvedi SK. Pain with no cause! Nurses perception. Indian Journal Palliative Care, 18 (3), 162-164, 2012.
92. Chaturvedi SK. Distress and Depression in Cancer. Journal of Mental Health & Human Behaviour, Lviii – Lxiv, Supplement 2012.
93. Chaturvedi SK, Simha SN. Historical Perspectives on end-of-life care in Global context – Indian Sub Continent. Safe Passage for a Good death – A Global Spiritual Sourcebook. Editors Mark Lazenby, Ruth McCorkle, Dan Sulmasy, Oxford University Press, 85-100, 2013.
- Simha S, Noble S, Chaturvedi SK. Spiritual concerns in Hindu cancer patients undergoing palliative care: a qualitative study. Indian Journal Palliative Care, 19 2013.
95. Chaturvedi SK. Psycho oncology – Indian experiences & research. In Developments in Psychiatry: a perspective from PGI. Savita Malhotra & Subho Chakrabarti. Springer Verlag 451-462, 2015.
96. Chaturvedi SK, Strohschein FJ, Saraf G, Loiselle C. Communication in cancer care: Psycho social, interactional, cultural, and technological issues. Frontiers in Psychology section Psychology for Clinical Settings. Front Psychol. 2014 Nov 17;5:1332 2014.
97. Saraf G & Chaturvedi SK. Psychiatry in Oncology. In Postgraduate Textbook of Psychiatry, Ed JN Vyas. Jaypee Publishers, New Delhi, 2016.
98. Bhatnagar S, Gielen J, Satija A, Singh SP, Noble S, Chaturvedi SK Signs of Spiritual Distress and its implications for practice in Indian Palliative Care. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 23 (3):306-311, 2017.
99. Barthukar M, Sharma MP, Chaturvedi SK. Body Image and Sexuality in Women Survivors of Breast Cancer in India: Qualitative Findings. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 23, 13-17, 2016.
100. Gielen J, Bhatnagar S, Chaturvedi SK . Spirituality as an Ethical Challenge in Indian Palliative Care: A Systematic Review. Palliative & Supportive Care, 29:1-22, 2015
101. Gielen J, Bhatnagar S, Chaturvedi SK. Prevalence and Nature of Spiritual Distress among Palliative Care Patients in India. J Relig Health. 56(2):530-544, 2017
102. Bhatnagar S, Gielen J, Chaturvedi SK Development and psychometric assessment of a spirituality questionnaire for Indian palliative care patients. Indian Journal of Palliative care, 22(1):9-18, 2016
103. Barthukar M Sharma MP, Chaturvedi SK Experiences of Breast Cancer Survivors with Oncology Settings in Urban India : Qualitative Findings Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology, 7(4):392-396, 2016.
104. Barthukar M, Sharma MP, Chaturvedi SK. Post Traumatic Growth in Women Survivors of Breast Cancer. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 22, 157-162, 2016.
105. Chaturvedi SK. Values for a successful researcher and research. Clinics in Oncology. Volume 2, 1232, March 2017.
106. Chaturvedi SK & Reddy SS. Cancer and mental health. Different Strokes. Indian Psychiatric Society 2018.
107. Shayanth M, Harish T, Chaturvedi SK. Psychosocial needs of cancer survivors in fertility preservation A systematic review. The Oncofertility Journal, 1, 24-29, 2018.
108. Chaturvedi SK, Shayanth M. Many fears and phobias in palliative care – Assessment and interventions. Proceedings of IAPC 2018, New Delhi. Palliative Care, 2018.
109. Kaur A, Sharma MP, Chaturvedi SK. Professional Quality of Life among Professional Care Providers at Cancer Palliative Care Centres in Bengaluru, India. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 24, 167-172, 2018.
110. Sutar R, Chandra P, Seshachar P , Gowda l & Chaturvedi SK. A qualitative study to assess collusion and psychological distress in cancer patients. : Indian Journal of Palliative care. 25, 242-249, 2019.
111. Chaturvedi SK. Palliative care for stroke. Indian Journal of palliative Care 25, 91-92, 2019.
112. Chaturvedi SK. Handling difficult situation and learning communication. In Problem Oriented Palliative Care Oxford University Press. Dr Nishkarsh Gupta & Dr Sushma Bhatnagar editors. 2020.
113. Chaturvedi SK. Problems and needs of patients in palliative care. Cancer Research Statistics and Treatment, 3(1): 115, Jan-Feb 2020
114. Reddi VSK, Gowda SM, Ganjekar S, Chandra PS, Chaturvedi SK. Poignancy to peace: Identification and management of grief in palliative care. Department of Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental health & Neurosciences, Bangalore. 2019.
115. Shiva L & Chaturvedi SK. Spirituality and grief. In Poignancy to peace: Identification and management of grief in palliative care. Edited by Reddi VSK, Gowda SM, Ganjekar S, Chandra PS, Chaturvedi SK, pp 72-81, 2019.