Areas of Interest / Research / Teaching
Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Chronic Pain & Somatization, Psycho Oncology & Palliative Care, Neuropsychiatry, Culture & Mental Health, Postgraduate training & teaching methods, Research Methodology & Ethics in research,
POSITIONS & EXPERIENCE
Clinical, Academic, & Research
SOME Major Research Projects:
• Indian Council of Medical Research funded Collaborative Study on Chronic pain, 1981.
1988 to 1990.
• Study of Somatic Symptoms in Cancer:
• Psychesthenic Syndrome attributed to vaginal discharge. NIMHANS project
HONOURS & AWARDS
1. Kalawati Jagannath Memorial Prize for the Best student in Pediatrics, 1976.
2. Bronze Medal for performance in M.D. ( Psychiatry ), 1981.
3. Tilak Venkoba Rao Award, Indian Psychiatric Society, 1988.
4. Poona Psychiatric Association Award II, 1987.
5. Bhagawat Award, of the Indian Psychiatric Society, 1988