Areas of Interest / Research / Teaching
Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Chronic Pain & Somatization, Psycho Oncology & Palliative Care, Neuropsychiatry, culture and mental health, Postgraduate training & teaching methods, Research Methodology & Ethics in researchClick here to visit my YouTube Channel
POSITIONS & EXPERIENCE
Clinical, Academic, & Research
(As a CONSULTANT,PSYCHIATRIST)
Consultant Psychiatrist, NHS, UK
August 2021 to August 2022
Senior Professor of Psychiatry
October 2015 to December 2020
Dean, Behavioural Sciences
January 2016 to January 2019
More than 642 publications
in different International and National journals,
with more than 300 citations / listings in PUBMED / MEDLINE Books.
Edited and / or published twenty two Books, Manuals or Journals.
Recently Published Books
Stress and Struggles
The Comprehensive Book of Stress, Mental health and Mental Illness: Stress and Mental Illness: Amazon.co.uk: Somashekar, Dr Bettahalasoor S, Narayana, Dr Manjunatha, Chaturvedi, Dr Santosh K: Booksclick here
Unmentor – The Negative Mentor
I always wanted to share my
observations about teaching and
I found these so amusing, and
mentees and students suffering
at the hands of their mentors.
Indian Perspectives and Research
Psycho oncology is now a well-established field of practice in cancer care and as an important part of consultation liaison psychiatry.click here to read
SOME Major Research Projects:
• Indian Council of Medical Research funded Collaborative Study on Chronic pain, 1981.
1988 to 1990.
• Study of Somatic Symptoms in Cancer:
• Psychesthenic Syndrome attributed to vaginal discharge. NIMHANS project
1991 to 1993
• Prevalence of premenstrual symptoms and syndromes in Indian women NIMHANS Funded projectAll Projects
HONOURS & AWARDS
1. Kalawati Jagannath Memorial Prize for the Best student in Pediatrics, 1976.
2. Bronze Medal for performance in M.D. ( Psychiatry ), 1981.
3. Tilak Venkoba Rao Award, Indian Psychiatric Society, 1988.
4. Poona Psychiatric Association Award II, 1987.
5. Bhagawat Award, of the Indian Psychiatric Society, 1988