· Indian Council of Medical Research funded Collaborative Study on Chronic pain, 1981.
· Study of Somatic Symptoms in Cancer: Manchester, England, 1988 to 1990.
· Psychesthenic Syndrome attributed to vaginal discharge. NIMHANS project, 1988-1991.
· Prevalence of premenstrual symptoms and syndromes in Indian women NIMHANS Funded project, 1991 to 1993.
· Prevalence of Eating disorders among students in Bangalore. NIMHANS project, 1993-95.
· WHO project on ‘Consumers’ and Caregivers’ satisfaction with mental health services- a multisite study’, 1995 to 1997.
· Ministry of Home affairs, Bureau of Police Research and Development project on ‘Mental health problems among police personnel – an epidemiological study’ 1996 to 97.
· KMIO-NIMHANS Collaborative Projects on Psycho Oncology, Psychiatric problems in patients receiving radiation treatment, and those with head and neck cancers, Concerns and psychological problems in cancer patients, 1990 to 1998.
· Collaborative Study on Cutaneous Body image and Psychosomatic Reactivity of the Skin, Joint study between NIMHANS and London, Ontario, Canada, 1997 to 1999.
· International Collaborative Study on Quality of Life of Caregivers of Dementia patients, Japan, 1997 to 1999.
· Terry Fox Foundation Research Project on Psychosocial care to improve QOL of Cancer patients and their relatives 2001 – 2002
· Clinical study of D-Serine Facilitation of Cognitive Retraining in Schizophrenia. Stanley Foundation, USA, 2006- 2010
· International Study of Depression in Diabetes, INTERPRET DDD, 2012 to 2018
· DST TIDE project on efficacy of a novel technology, MRI-guided neuronavigation system, to stimulate specified parts of the brains of patients with schizophrenia using transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) while they are going through cognitive rehabilitation, 2013 –
· Medical Research Council – Arts and Humainites Research Council, Global Health Partnership on Promoting Acceptable Public Health Interventions for Internal Migrants in India, UK, TISS, NIMHANS 2017 –
· GCRF ESRC AHRC Developing mental health literacy in urban and rural communities in Kerala using theatre methodology, UK, TISS, NIMHANS & MHAT.
· NIHR Global Health Research Group: Improving Outcomes in Mental and Physical Multi morbidity and Developing Research Capacity (IMPACT) in South Asia, University of York
· NIHR Global Health Research Group Study: Establishing a Standard Care Package to Improve Diagnosis and Early Hospital Management of Patients with Suspected Acute Brain Infections in Low and Middle Income Countries
Areas of Interest / Research
Cultural psychiatry; Neuropsychiatry, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry; Chronic Pain & Somatization; Quality of Life Research; Psycho Oncology & Palliative Care, Dementia Instruments & Scales development & translations, Postgraduate training & teaching methods; Research Methodology & Ethics in research,